Protecting your Debit Card and Credit Card
We have seen an increase in compromised Debit and Credit Card accounts with our members. So how do your protect yourself? The first step is to never give out sensitive information about your account over the phone. Please note that HCPFCU will never initiate a call and ask for sensitive information.
Here are others things you can do:
- Check your balance regularly! Stay up to date on activity via our online banking tool.
- Update your contact information with us. We can’t call to ask you about a suspicious charge unless we have your current phone number.
- You can protect your information by using caution when you do business over the internet or by phone.
- Are you traveling? Let us know your travel dates and destination. If your card is used at an unusual location, we may decline the suspicious transaction if we are unaware of special circumstances.
- Watch out for ATMs that appear to have been altered. If anything on the front of the machine looks crooked, loose or damaged, it could be a sign that someone has attached a skimming device.
- If you have any questions on this topic, please contact Todd Dooley at ToddD@hcpfcu.org or 765 962-3172 ext 106.