- Walk, Hike, Skip or Run any distance now through Labor Day.
- Log your time or miles walked at HikeYourselfHealthy.org
- Be sure to add “HCPFCU’ under GROUP NAME so your miles/minutes count toward our total.
- Cope Environmental draws names of those that participate for prizes on a weekly basis – so get logging!
Here are a few idea from Cope Environmental:
- Walk the trails at Cope Environmental Center. They are open from sun up to sun down and are free of charge.
- Introduce the idea of evening after-dinner walks with the family. What a great time to catch up with each other, enjoy the outdoors and develop a healthy habit!
- Go to the HELP Shelter and walk a dog. They’ll be thrilled to spend time with you!
- Check out the Whitewater Gorge Trail (jump on at N 3rd St.). While you’re there, check out the “new” Family Fitness Works facility- much of the building was repurposed from parts of the old hospital!
- Walk Uptown Richmond. We are so fortunate to have a very walk-able downtown area. New stores seem to be popping up frequently, so take a stroll! You can end your walk at the Clear Creek Co-op- they just moved to 710 East Main St. Grab a healthy drink or snack!